#htmlcaption1 Weight Loss Nutrition #htmlcaption2 Success Stories The Truth About Abs Review

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tricia Minnick




Tricia Minnick, 28

Before: 278 lbs 
After: 150 lbs

Years of crash diets did nothing to help Tricia Minnick, 28, control her weight, and by the time she got married in 2006, she was carrying more than 200 pounds on her 5'8" frame. In 2007, she got pregnant, and a complication resulted in four months of bed rest—and a 75-pound weight gain. Shortly after Tricia had her son, she and her family moved from Texas to Stuart, Florida. Isolated from friends and extended family, she turned to food for comfort. With the scale stuck at 278 pounds, she says, "I was completely overwhelmed by how much I needed to lose."

The Change
By January 2009, Tricia's doctor warned her that she might need blood pressure medication. And when she found herself breathless trying to keep up with her son, Dash, Tricia realized her weight affected him too. "I didn't want him to face the physical or emotional issues that I had," she says. She gave herself a year to drop 100 pounds.

The Lifestyle
Tricia gave up soda and processed carbs, and filled half her plate with veggies at every meal. She broke out a neglected jogging stroller and started taking her son for walks. She couldn't go very far at first, but by the end of three weeks, she was logging six miles a day and had dropped 20 pounds. Tricia then started using weights at home for 30 minutes twice a week, and by March, at 240 pounds, her blood pressure returned to normal. That September, she met her 100-pound goal but wasn't ready to stop. She began jogging four days a week, and in March 2010, her scale hit 150. "I've never felt better," she says.

The Reward
The woman who once got winded grocery shopping ran her first marathon in November 2010. "Crossing the finish line, I felt as if I could do anything," says Tricia. "I'm healthier and happier than ever!"

Tricia's Tips
Brush your teeth.
"It'll help stop night snacking. Fresh breath makes you less tempted to eat more."

Hit reset.
"If I fell off the wagon, I'd look at the next meal as an opportunity to succeed instead of giving up. As long as you're trying, you're making progress."

Give peas a chance.

"I thought I didn't like vegetables, but I'd only had them canned—mushy and salty. Fresh veggies are delicious!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Form is loading comments...